Acceptable IDs for Voter Eligibility
Voters must prove that they live in the ward and are 16 years or older.
In order to facilitate broad participation, voters may present a wide
array of proofs of ID, including but not limited to one or more of those
below, to establish residency and age:
• A document with name and current address from a local, state,
or US government agency such as a state driver’s license or nondriver ID, consular ID, passport, EBT card, military ID card;
• Voter registration card;
• Utility, medical, credit card bill with name and current address;
• Current lease;
• Paycheck or paycheck stub from an employer or a W-2 statement;
• Bank statement or bank-issued credit card statement;
• Student ID;
• Employee ID;
• Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) or other Immigration
• Residency Letter or Identification issued by a homeless shelter,
halfway house, etc;
• Passport or other ID issued by a foreign government;
• Social Security benefit statements or check;
• Employment Authorization Document;
• Medicare or other insurance document with address;
• Tax forms;
• School records (or naming the parents of children attending school
and the parents’ address;
• Title to any property (automobiles, house, etc.) with address;
• Birth or marriage certificate;
• Union Membership Card.
Want PB in Your Ward?
If you don't live in a participating ward this year but are interested in bringing PB to your area, contact us using the form on our Contact page.
Find Your Ward
Not sure what ward you live in? We can help! Press the "Find Me" button below to go to the City of Chicago form to help you discover which ward you live in.
Not in a ward that has PB this year?